Energy healing modalities stem from ancient Eastern and Native traditions and include Reiki, Pranic healing, therapeutic touch, shamanic healing and healing touch, among others.
The therapies work on a person’s energy field, where the practitioner directs life force energy (called chi, ki or prana in Eastern traditions) placing their hands gently on or just above the recipient’s energy centers, often called chakras. These therapies are based on the concept that all living things are made of complex energy fields, and a smooth energy flow results in optimal health and functioning. Blockages in the energy centres create dis-ease, so balancing the flow of energy is needed to promote self-healing and wellness.
What does an energy healing treatment feel like?
A treatment usually feels like a velvety light radiating through and around you that brings about a state of deep relaxation. Sensations can range from soothing, cool tingling to gentle, warm waves – though each client’s experience is unique and can vary at each session.
What are some benefits of energy healing?
At its most basic, energy healing therapies promote deep relaxation. Many recipients however have reported miraculous healings of acute and chronic mental, emotional and physical ailments. These include but are not limited to: depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD, grief, PMS, fibromyalgia, cystitis, migraines, allergies, joint and muscle pain, diabetes, constipation, addiction recovery, insomnia, colds and flus, asthma, heart conditions, and even cancer.
Other reported benefits include:
• Increasing vitality and happiness
• Postponing the aging process
• Releasing stress and tension
• Accelerating the body’s natural healing abilities
• Promoting better sleep
• Promoting creativity and zest for life
• Offering relief during grief and emotionally trying times
• Bringing balance and clarity
• Improving self-esteem and healing self-love issues
• Reducing blood pressure
• Speeding up recovery time after injury, surgery or chemotherapy
• Reliving and reducing pain
• Removing energy blocks to healing and even manifesting one’s desires
• Boosting the body’s detoxifying abilities
• Strengthening the immune system
• Reducing some of the side effects of drugs
• Raising the body’s vibrational/spiritual frequency
• Supporting spiritual growth and emotional and mental healing
• Healing the “inner child” and childhood traumas
• Healing past life issues and blocks